CALL FOR SCORES
CURRENTLY OPEN: THE FALK PRIZE, for students and young composers
DEADLINE: January 1, 2021
San Diego New Music is pleased to announce a call for scores for our digital concert series— Digital Doses. The winning piece(s) will be performed by a San Diego New Music artist on one of our Digital Doses concerts. The jury that reviews all submissions and selects a winning piece will consist of members from the San Diego New Music Board. There is no application fee. The composer of the selected piece(s) will be the recipient of a Falk Prize honorarium of $250. Please see below for eligibility and guidelines/requirements.
Applicants must satisfy at least one of the following categories:
- Enrolled in a high school in San Diego County
- Enrolled in an undergraduate university or community college in San Diego County
- Graduated from a San Diego county high school, and currently enrolled in an undergraduate program anywhere
- Any composer under the age of 21 as of January 1, 2021, who resides in San Diego county.
Guidelines/Requirements for submission:
- Must be written for an unaccompanied solo instrument
- Suggested duration is between 5-10 minutes
- We will accept pieces that have been performed/recorded before
- Submitting an accompanying recording is welcome, but not required
- Please submit composition (score and optional recording), a short bio, and a statement of eligibiliy (see above) in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority will be given to applications received by Jan 1, 2021
- There is a limit of one submission per composer
The Falk Prize is sponsored by a generous contribution from Julia S. Falk, Ph.D.
For questions/inquires/submissions email email@example.com